Thursday 20 February 2014

I love trying new authors. I think that is the fun of reading, to discover new things, both authors and adventures. I saw this new series and knew that I needed to read it. I did not know at the time that there were three books, I thought only two, but hey, the more the better. I love being able to get my teeth into a story and really learn about the characters in depth. I think it is great to see characters grow through more that one story. I find I become attatched to all the charcters both main and secondary. It was also a nice surprise to see that she is a fellow Canadian. Welcome to my blog Helena.

Cupcakes and Ink

Helen Hunting

Tenley Page has moved to a new town to continue her schooling and is looking for a fresh start. She has settled into a new apartment and is slowing by secondhand furniture to furnish it. She also gets a part time job at the second hand store beneath her apartment. Serendipity. She spends her free time watching the tattoo parlour across the street. In particular watching the artist that works there.

Hayden Stryker has alot going for him. He is working a job he loves with people he likes and is happy with his life. Then a distraction. Above the shop that his Aunt Cassie owns a new girl has moved in and he finds himself attracted to her. He goes over almost daily to look at her and keeps hoping for a chance to talk to her.

This is the prequel to "Clipped Wings" by this author. This is the introduction of these characters. And what an introduction is was. She just gives us the bare minimum. Just enough to wet our appetite and leave us wanting more. And we do, we want more of these two. The attraction is there. The urge to explore this attraction is overpowering.

I really enjoyed this sneak preview into these new lives and will be anxiously awaiting the release of the next part. I would rate this a 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment